Please Note: In a change from previous years the Regional Showcase has now become the PAL Book Showcase.
ALL PAL Members are invited to showcase their PAL books published on or after January 1, 2016 on the SCBWI stand at the 2018 Bologna Book Fair.
In a change from previous Bologna Book Fairs the Regional Showcase has now become the PAL Book Showcase. Now, any member from the worldwide SCBWI membership can showcase their PAL book to publishers from around the world.
To showcase your title, which also includes entry into the Digital Catalogue, a $US100 charge is made for each title displayed. For this fee the books will, at various times thoughtout the fair, be showcased on the genre themed tables, they will be included in the booth wall display, and, they will be included in a digital catalogue that will be available through this website and provided on promotional material.
To register and pay to showcase your title, which includes entry into the Digital Catalogue, please click here. Please note you need to select both the Catalogue Ticket ($25) and the Bologna PAL Showcase Display ($75) checkbox.
Further details about the Digital Catalogue are here.
1 – Identify which book from your Member Profile that you want included in the Showcase. You can only select one title. Click here for instructions.
2 – Mail your book to SCBWI headquarters. See note following.
* Only PAL books published after January 1, 2016 are eligible for display. (For information about PAL membership and PAL Publishers please visit our membership page here).
* Only one title per member is permitted.
* Rights for each book must be available and clearly displayed on the reverse of the book. Further details
* Members must register and pay here to have their book Showcased at our Booth and included in the Digital Catalogue.
* Payment for the PAL Showcase display also includes presentation of your title in the Digital Catalogue. Members must follow the details at the Digital Catalogue link above for inclusion of your title.
* Members must also arrange at their own expense to deliver the book to the SCBWI office. Please use this mailing label only, to send your title to headquarters.
* Showcase PAL book submissions open November 1 and close December 15 – now extended to December 17, 2017.
* Your book must be delivered to by February 20, 2018.
* There are no refunds.
And, if you are coming to Bologna you might also wish to register for a personal showcase. Find out how here.
From around the world we have SCBWI members showcasing the PAL titles throughout the fair. This is what some of our members have said in previous years:
The aisles of the Bologna Children’s Book fair are filled with representatives of publishers from around the world, all of whom are there with the same goal: to scout for books that they can license and publish in their market. Having a Regional Showcase at the SCBWI booth in Bologna is a great opportunity for SCBWI regions to assist their published members in the promotion of their work. It was exciting to participate in the 2016 Showcase, and to see the contacts being made that could lead to SCBWI member books extending their reach into new markets.
– Elisabeth Norton, RA Switzerland
The 2016 SCBWI Indonesia showcase was an event that brought chances to our curated PAL member’s works. We exhibit all of the books in our table with the illustrator’s works stacked into a 3D display for a more eye catching display. Our previous SCBWI Indonesia showcase in 2014 was the first display of Indonesian books in Bologna Children’s Book Fair. A lot happened in our two showcases aside from editors and academia coming and discussing about the books, there is always some sharing experiences happening with the fellow book creators, which in my opinion is an eye opening input on looking at this book industry we fell in love with.
– Evelyn Ghozalli, RA Indonesia
The regional showcase, which allows members of each country to exhibit their books at the SCBWI stand during the Bologna Book Fair, is a great way to promote our work. You never know who will come by the stand and, seeing them, will pause to take a better look and talk to the writers and illustrators manning the table (and the booth). Most of those books are then donated to the Internationale Jungenbibliotech in Munich, a great library of books from all around the world. It’s nice to know that your book or books are there, too.
– Judy Goldman, RA Mexico
The 2014 Showcase of SCBWI The Netherlands was a joy of creative delight with gorgeous books of our PAL members and enticing postcards and book dummies of our illustrators. The showcase was in the capable hands of the founder of our region, Laura Watkinson. In addition, we included the work of PAL members in the PowerPoint presentation that ran during the showcases.
International visitors, including editors and publishers, came by to browse the books, admire the artwork and, of course, to sample delicious Dutch treats like ‘drop’ and ’stroopwafels’.
– Mina Witterman, RA Netherlands